There are several benefits associated with using dashboards in a variety of use cases. What are some of them?
There are several benefits associated with using dashboards in a variety of use cases. Here are 10 of them:
- Information visualization used on dashboards shows more concise and easier to digest information as opposed to the raw data.
- Because the data is already condensed, the time that would otherwise be spent analyzing the data, can be saved. As such users are more productive.
- Dashboards make it easy and fast to compare data, identify patterns, and draw conclusions.
- Because its easier and faster, its also more engaging than delving into the raw data. “A picture says more than a 1000 words”
- Dashboards improve the quality of decision making by enabling users to make informed decisions, with information that is more appropriate and relevant to them. It allows them to see things through.
- The cognitive workload on users is reduced.
- The reader can extract meaning out of the data.
- The extracted information can be made available to others.
- Readers get an immediate overview of the body of raw data that is being visualized, and allows users to drill down deeper based on their current interest, and analyze the data more in depth.
- Dashboards can be customized, resulting in information that is relevant to its users.