Inspired meJust how do I design if not with prototyping? An excellent question. The short answer is "on paper".-Alan Cooper
Made me think
- Oct 26, ’16 Architecture & Design for the disabled – Arch2O.com
- Oct 26, ’16 How Architecture Is Born: 8 Abstract Paintings by Zaha Hadid and the Buildings They Inspired
- Oct 26, ’16 This Ornate Drawing Illustrates the Tallest Buildings in the World … in 1884
- Oct 26, ’16 The Perfect Drawing: 8 Sensational Sections That Raise The Bar For Architectural Representation
- Oct 26, ’16 3600 windows from the World | Andre Goncalves – Arch2O.com
amsterdam Apple atmosphere bags bike bulb chair change coffee cognition creative cup dashboards environment every-day objects fun furniture future Gallery information visualization interior IoT kitchen light material math mobile navigation note-it orientation poster process quote Shoes steve jobs sustainable tools tought transportation typeface urban visual communication water web fonts wood
Oct 18, ’15 10:11 AM
Oct 13, ’15 5:50 AM
The Von Restorff Effect refers to our ability to remember items that stood out from the rest, or extract items that stand out from the rest of information with greater immediacy.
This effect occurs when readers scan, or remember a dashboard interface that applies some of the principles that support this phenomena, meaning things stand out as unusual.
As designers we can take advantage of this effect to direct a readers attention. The effect is achieved by various means and only when applied sparingly:
- Use of highlighting
- Use of heavier font weights
- Use of bold colors
Sep 18, ’14 7:50 PM
Massimo Vignelli and Bob Noorda, two designers at Unimark back in the late 60s designed the New York City Transit system. Untangling the chaos and designing a complete signage system took them about 4 years. Pentagram found a copy of the original, and photographed each page and put the manual online for the world to see.
Now Jesse Reed and Hamish Smyth are working on a project and plan to kickstart a full-size reissue of the NYCTA Graphics Standards Manual.
Mar 3, ’13 11:00 AM
How to piss of your designer friends and give them a headache
Feb 26, ’13 11:00 AM
Feb 23, ’13 11:00 AM
Feb 13, ’13 11:00 AM
Feb 12, ’13 11:00 AM
Feb 11, ’13 11:00 AM
Feb 5, ’13 11:00 AM